by Joseph Diop
Copyright © 2011 by Joseph Diop
1. I beheld a sad and troubling sight
In the darkness while asleep—
A holy dream in deepest night
That made my spirit weep.
2. I was shown a beast I’d seen before
And had studied for a while,
The Beast from Revelation’s lore
Attacked a harmless child.
3. And that was when my God within
Bestirred my heart with zeal,
And said, “My son, it’s time now when
That monster must be killed.”
4. Let’s tell this wretched, evil force,
“Pick on someone your own size.”
Then the King a-mount the great white horse
Will charge them from the skies.
5. And with the troops that are full grown
He’ll wade into that host
With fiercesome forces of his own,
Spawned by the Holy Ghost;
6 Like the Lion sprung from Judah,
That stately king of beasts,
The strongest of them all, by far,
Who strides in from the east.
7. Then there’s His great and holy dragon,
Whose lair the heavens are.
His breath the constellations spun
And birthed the plasmic stars.
8. He’ll call those eagles screaming
From Zion’s farthest lengths,
Who perch atop God’s mountains
And go from strength to strength.
9. Then there’s God’s armored Pegasus
Who’s made for holy war.
He can change his color when he must
And match the lion’s roar.
10. And too, not last or least of all,
The sons of God’s right hand—
The chosen, faithful that he called
To reign and rule the land.
11. And with his mighty angels too
He’ll trounce that demon down.
For our Lord’s the Great Avenger who
Is crowned with many crowns.
12. And so, my friends, thus it shall be
When Christ returns again.
He’ll vanquish every enemy—
A thousand years to reign.
For more inspiration, go to: www.facebook.com/newjudah2 .